Saturday, September 5, 2009

Looking ahead

Nailed

With one unit down, I've looked at the remaining assignments and have plotted out my plan to submit one each week and complete the course quickly.

I reviewed the options for a final project (Unit 5 - Implementing Information Technology Into Your Practice), and suggested my other blog in an email to my instructor:
Looking ahead to the final project for Unit 5, I propose one along the lines of option #4, specifically a project that integrates information technology into my practice to benefit colleagues and patients, and that contributes to my professional growth. I propose to further develop a blog that I began in February on end of life care and nursing education. It's available for your initial review here.

If you think this is a viable final project, I'll develop a more detailed set of objectives and evaluation criteria for us to review. One of my goals in starting that site was to fold it into my school work. Another was to develop it as a support tool for a project at work to develop an end of life care team on my unit.

I look forward to hearing your feedback on this idea.
Her response was prompt and direct:

That sounds like a very intriguing idea for your last assignment. I think it will be fine, and I am looking forward to viewing it. Thanks
My subsequent response:
Great. Thanks.

I'll provide some supporting information, including objectives, methods, and assessments when I submit it as my final project.
I'll provide those details here when I submit them, but if anybody's interested and wants to do something similar - just get a free Blogger Account and jump right in.

Blogging's easy. The hard part is having something to say.